You can help!
Furry Friends counts on the support of our many donors and friends to help rescue and care for approximately 700+ abandoned felines every year.
Each donation makes a real difference in the quality of care we offer and positively impacts the lives of some of the most vulnerable animals in Barrie. The cost of looking after these cats and kittens is high. Food, litter, shelter and care by qualified veterinarians (vaccinations, treatments, spaying/neutering, emergency surgeries) can really add up. Furry Friends is operated completely by volunteers so you can be sure that 100% of your donation goes directly to helping animals in crisis.
It's easy to donate!
There are a number of ways you can choose to support the Furry Friends Animal Shelter (registered charity #882610124). Tax receipts are issued for donations of $10 and over.
1. Donate Online: Click on the button below to make a secure donation using your credit card. You can also become a monthly donor or make a tribute in memory of a loved one.
2. By Mail to: Furry Friends Animal Shelter, 25 Hart Drive, Unit 15, Barrie, Ontario, L4N 5R8 (please make the cheque payable to Furry Friends Animal Shelter).
3. By E-mail: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and a fundraising volunteer will contact you right away.
You can also drop some spare change in one of our Furry Friends donation boxes located at stores and restaurants throughout Barrie.
Other ways you can help...
1. Attend one of our fundraisers
Check out our upcoming events.
2. You could organize a third-party event
Third-party events are fundraisers that benefit Furry Friends. They are coordinated and executed by you or your organization independent from Furry Friends. The fundraisers increase awareness of Furry Friends and help provide life-saving care to animals in need. Ideas could include:
• Hosting a garage sale
• Throwing a party at a local restaurant or bar
• Hosting an annual memorial event for a loved one
• Throwing a dinner party
• Raising funds at school
• Having an event at your office
• Organizing a golf outing or sports tournament
Please contact us with your ideas. We’re excited to work with you!
3. Become a sponsor. We would be pleased to forward you a sponsorship package or speak with your business/organization about potential partnerships.
4. Donate a gift from our Wish List
We really appreciate donations of cat food, litter and cleaning supplies. Donations can be dropped off at our shelter at 25 Hart Drive, Unit 15, Barrie, Ontario (see map). Please contact us to make sure a volunteer is onsite when you drop off your items.
Our Wish List
We currently need these items for our shelter:
Canned paté wet and shredded wet food for adult cats & kittens
Liquid laundry soap
Garbage bags (Both large black bags and smaller white kitchen bags)
Blue or clear recycling bags
Unscented clumping cat litter
KMR (Kitten milk replacement, powdered or canned)
We also need these items for our med room:
• a vaporizer
• wipes to clean the cats too sick to groom themselves
• baby scale
We have LOTS of towels and blankets and don't need any more at this moment - Thanks!
5. Canadian Tire money
We also appreciate Canadian Tire money to purchase items on this list. Please place it in the mailbox at the shelter, or drop it into one our donation boxes.